The Mission of PlacerSustain is to create a healthy Placer County Environment, Community, and Economy by connecting people, sharing information, learning, and by supporting collaborative action.
· Connecting people and organizations to Resources.
· Supporting Grass Roots Leaders committed to Action.
· Facilitating the formation of Independent Working Action Groups and Networks.
· Stewarding a peer to peer communication framework and collaborative platform.
· Promoting the Values and Practices of Healthy Community, Economy, and Environment, including Sustainable Living Education.
Our vision is a Placer County community working together powerfully, rich in the resources and skills resident in our citizens and organizations, to create a sustainable future worth bequeathing to our children, and their children.
C. Credo and Call to Action
These are some key principles and values that can provide the foundation for a unity of purpose and cooperative action for a Placer Sustainable Communities Initiative. This foundation is broad and diverse enough to accommodate a wide range of other interests and values. If you agree with one or more of these propositions, join us!
1. Our future depends on the Stewardship of our Community, Economic, and Environmental Resources in a manner which ensures that they are in a healthy and thriving condition for the benefit of future generations.
2. Communities that are themselves healthy and thriving are the primary means of creating a sustainable future.
3. A powerful community is organized. This means we know who we are, our assets, skills, and interests; and are coming together to learn and work together.
4. We are not waiting for somebody else, more money, or more authority. We declare our intention to take responsibility for that future at the grass roots and personal level. We are the primary source of our own future.
5. Healthy Communities acknowledge and honor personal interests and aspirations, a diversity of cultural values, have high standards of responsible citizenship, and place primary emphasis on people empowering themselves and each other.
6. Healthy Communities support communication, learning, and action networks that are grass roots and peer to peer; and encourage the development of a critical mass of people and organizations that embody these qualities who are engaged in action.
7. Healthy Communities engage their future creatively within a realm of Possibilities, and are not co-opted into a problem solving and scarcity paradigm.
Call to Action
8. We support a Placer County Sustainable Communities Initiative that fosters a critical mass of local citizens and organizations working together to create a future that serves their interests and the future well-being of the community.
9. We are committed to contributing to the stewardship of our community building network, to find allies and partners to pursue our own sustainability interests, to share what we are learning with others, and to take action.